Once you have a child, you embark on a whole new journey called parenting where you get to nurture a precious new life from the very beginning. The arrival of that precious bundle of joy means that your life revolves around him or her twenty-four seven.
Things become extra complicated for working parents as they need to return to work once their leave is over; in this context, women face extra pressure to put their careers on hold and stay at home.
However, in this day and age, you don’t need to stay at home to be a good parent. All you need to do is find a trusted day care where you can keep tabs on your little one while acing it at work.
Leaving your precious little one with someone else is like leaving behind a piece of your heart. However, picking a well-established day care with a nurturing environment can work wonders for both you and your child. Not only will your child be taken care of, but he or she will also start learning and socializing with other children at an early age. As they say, it’s never too early to start preparing your child for school.
All said and done the question still remains; how do you decide whether the day care is a good fit for you and your child?
Well, that’s where we come in. Here are a few tips to help you pick the perfect day care for your child:
- Safe and Convenient Location
It goes without saying that a day care centre close to your home or workplace is your best bet. If your child is very young, then the proximity will ensure that you can drop by to check on their progress.
Located in the heart of Lucknow, MySchool lies within easy reach of the all the prime localities in Lucknow.
- Excellent Childcare Facilities
Irrespective of whether you are looking at a large or mid-sized establishment, there is an essential childcare checklist for parents to refer to:
- Adult supervision at all times and places, along with a good child: caregiver ratio.
- Trained staff and childcare professionals
- A wide range of well-planned Indoor and Outdoor Activities
- First-Aid Facility
- Open spaces and playgrounds for various sports activities
- Healthy and Nutritious Meals
A good day care centre provides good and nutritious meals that are prepared in-house. Check the menu served, how it is prepared, and the portion sizes. Also, discuss any allergies or food preferences that your child has and check if they have a nutritionist on board.
At MySchool, we have carefully-planned monthly meal plans that are prepared by our empanelled nutritionist and shared with the parents at the beginning of each month to ensure that you can keep tabs on what your child is eating. Our food is nutritious, balanced, and hygienic and we try our best to introduce the little ones to different cuisines.
- Basic First-Aid and Healthcare
No matter how many precautions you take, accidents are unavoidable. The day care you choose must have basic healthcare services. You need to check whether the staff at the day care is trained in first-aid and ask them whether they observe basic hygiene such as hand-washing, disinfecting floors and toys at regular intervals, and using eco-friendly products. Cross ventilation and well-planned open spaces are telling signs of a good day care centre.
- Holistic Growth & Learning Facilities
The first 10 years of your toddler’s life are crucial for both physical and mental development. In your child’s formative years, it is crucial to check whether the day care provides a nurturing environment that is conducive to learning. Inquire about the hobby classes available, the extra-curricular activities organised, the daily routine for children, interactive sessions, and disciplinary measures observed.
Our day care facilities are designed to ensure the emotional, physical and developmental well-being of your little one. To this end, we plan their day to the minutest detail and make sure to cover all grounds from fun-filled play to rest and homework.
- Well-Planned Infrastructure
Childhood is a time of wonder and exploration; it is also a time when brain development is at its fastest. So, you need to pick a day care with well-planned infrastructure including a host of recreational and educational facilities that are designed to spike your little tyke’s interest and create a desire to learn and discover.
- Safety and Reliability
While selecting a day care, you also need to make sure that they have a sound security system to ensure the safety and well-being of your little one.
Here are some questions you need to ask to gauge whether the day care of your choice has an adequate security system:
- Does the day care have well-manned entryways with secure walls and boundaries?
- Does the day care issue special identity cards to parents and children? Are they strict about handing over the kids to parents or legal guardians only?
- Are the playgrounds including the splash pool, safe, clean and secure.
- Can you keep tabs on the safety of your child?
- Philosophy of the Day Care:
Most daycares promise to be a home away from home and give the appearance of a warm, cosy place, but appearances can be misleading. To save yourself from making a wrong decision, find out simple things such as how well a daycare understands children— balance of free-play versus structured activities; treating children like little adults or shunning them as children etc., as these will give you an insight into the philosophy of the day care and help you make the right choice.
- Well-Planned Activities
Day care is not just a place where your child eats, plays and sleeps. It is also the place where your child learns forays into the social world.
MySchool Day Care provides a meticulously designed dynamic routine that takes care of all the physical, emotional, social and developmental requirements of children. Day Care programmes are implemented and supervised by trained caregivers and educators. A usual day at the day care includes meal time, nap time, snack time, and play & activity time.
Here are the activities available at MySchool:
- Stories, puppets, role play and drama
- Art, craft, painting, clay modelling and origami
- Nature walks, gardening and planting saplings
- Movie time, treasure hunt and free play
- Science corner, singing and dancing
- Indoor and outdoor games
- How is MySchool Different?
MySchool is a premium preschool and day care that seeks to establish new standards in the fields of early childhood education and child care.
- Our in-house app enables parents to keep tabs on their child’s status throughout the day.
- Our activities are designed to tickle the curiosity of the child and they are encouraged to ask questions through our circle time and wonder time.
- We develop their decision-making capabilities by exposing them to choices and causality. This makes the children independent and confident.
MySchool offers three different programmes to suit the requirements of the parents and children:
- Group A – For three hours from 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM
- Group B – For five hours from 12:30 PM to 5:30 PM
- Group C – For seven hours from 12:30 PM to 7:30 PM
The children are further divided into smaller groups to ensure that those of the same age stay together.
Finally, to seal the decision among your shortlisted choices, take your child along for a visit. It’s best to select a day care he or she seems the most comfortable in.
At MySchool, our in-house app also provides you with the option to check in on your child’s whereabouts according to your convenience with live tracking and surveillance.
Give your child the right start with Lucknow’s premier preschool MySchool. You can call our experts at 8090025554/8090035554 from Monday to Saturday between 9 AM and 5 PM.